Friday, October 7, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

Well it seems like another month has passed and somehow I didn't get as many posts in as I would like.  Something always tends to come up and causes me to end up pushing things to the back burner.  At least this time is was spending time with my youngest niece and nephew and not the flu.  (god that was horrible last year).

We took in some antique and collectible shows, and spent time shopping in out of the way specialty shops. I always enjoy things like that.  I get to pass on my love for old things, and they get to spend time doing things they wouldn't normally do.

Its especially gratifying when one of their parents, or other adult relatives let me know that the kids couldn't stop talking about all the fun they had during the outing.  The best, going to the shows and browsing through the stores was free (okay we did spend some money on food, and I found some stuff to add to my collection, and my niece found stuff to start a collection, but all in all less than $100.00 was spent in total).

The kids have already started marking their calendars for next year. Hopefully it won't take me that long to get back into the posting groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment